The tremendous task of education,
when shared by home and school,
becomes comparatively easy.”
— Dr. E. C. Brooks, North Carolina Superintendent of Public Schools, 1923
- parent, family, and/or care-giver involvement boosts student achievement.
- families that express interest in their child’s academic progress, and help with school work show their child that they value education.
- students experience further positive impact when families help the school community through volunteer efforts.
Volunteer for activities in Hillsborough Elementary Classrooms*
- field trip chaperones
- classroom reading assistants
- help at special events throughout the year (grandparents’ day, mother’s day, field day, etc.)
*Volunteer work at HES requires prior registration with the Orange County School District
Volunteer for activities with the HES PTA
- social events
- teacher/staff appreciation
- special projects
Check out the HES PTA website to find out how to: Get Involved!